Dear Mark I am deeply religious person ~ But I agree with you fully about communism. It is evil foolish ugly Satanic. I expect complete extermination of communism from the earth.
Home - Politics - The fight for human freedom - Communism
|Summary of killings |
|The Soviet Union |
The evil philosophies of fascism and communism were the two great 20th century mass killers. Of these, communism was the greatest killer. 100 million men, women and children have been murdered by socialism so far, and the killing continues today, notably in North Korea. In terms of body count, socialism is by far the most evil religion, the most evil ideology of any sort, of all time.
Behind the Iron Curtain, communists stamped out freethought as efficiently as in any authoritarian religious state. Communists are not sceptics, and are atheists only superficially. Marx and Lenin founded an irrational religion every bit as dogmatic, credulous, and opposed to freethought as any of the older religions they criticised.
- communists - tyrants, mass murderers, empire-building aggressors, and insane economic thinkers
The lesson of the 20th century - Revolution may enslave the people
Perhaps the central lesson of the 20th century is this: It is not enough to complain about the existing order. Your solution must be better, not worse.
- It is not enough to have a revolution against the Tsar. Your revolution must create a society that is more free than society under the Tsar, not less free.
- Clearly, though the Tsar was a dictator, Lenin made Russia less free, not more.
- It is not enough to attack the Weimar Republic. The solution must be better, not worse.
- Disillusioned with Weimar, the Germans turned to Hitler, who delivered total war, humiliating defeat, mass destruction, 7 million German dead, partition and occupation of half the country by Russia for decades, the permanent loss of territory, ethnic cleansing of millions of Germans, the rape of millions more, and a genocidal shame that will hang over Germany for a thousand years.
- It is not enough to throw off western imperialism in Africa. Your independence must lead to a society that is more free and prosperous, not less, than society under imperialism.
- Clearly, though imperialism could be brutally exploitative and racist, much of Africa is worse off since independence, not better.
Edmund Burke was the prophetic voice on this issue back in the 18th century, supporting the American revolution (the one that worked, that led to a better society), and opposing the French revolution (which led to bloodbath and dictatorship). If only every revolutionary considered Burke's point, even for 5 minutes. Because today the world is still full of revolutions that, if they succeed, will enslave people, not free them. From western anarchists trying to destroy middle-class life, to the Palestinian resistance fighting to enslave the Palestinian people under theocracy and dictatorship, all will cause more oppression and poverty, not less.
- The French Revolution, the model for all the "year zero" utopia revolutions that followed.
- A Tale of Two Revolutions by Robert A. Peterson - The French Revolution v. The American / British Revolutions
- marx2mao.org has a huge library of communist "thought" - a parallel world; a fascinating glimpse into the minds of a strange, ultra-violent, pre-rational mystery cult; an insane asylum.
- Marginalizing Conservative Ideas on campus, by David Horowitz. How students read works that have been completely disproved by history, and are kept away from works that have been triumphantly vindicated by history.
- Wild Swans by Jung Chang is of course worth a million times Mao's ignorant faux-academic writings.
- See reviews.
- Democracy and capitalism bring peace, life and prosperity. A utopian state and socialism bring war, genocide, death, poverty and famine. It's not an opinion. It's statistical fact.
- The Black Book of Communism (and search) - 100 million innocent humans have been killed by socialism so far. See review.
- Introduction: The Crimes of Communism by Stephane Courtois
- Heaven on Earth: The Rise and Fall of Socialism by Joshua Muravchik
- Bryan Caplan (or here) is an anarcho-capitalist, a philosophy I have little time for. But he has an excellent museum of communist crimes:
- These need to be better documented and sourced. Most look correct to me, but one looks like it might be a Holocaust photo.
- If you have sources for these pictures, let me know.
- The Berlin Wall (and here) 1961 - A philosophy so bankrupt it had to build a wall to keep its people in.
- Since the start of communism, communist states have murdered 100 million people, and an unbelievable 35 million people have fled communist states as refugees, "an unparalleled vote against the utopian pretensions of Marxism-Leninism"
- It's so obvious, yet we need to say it again. People fight to leave communist states. They never fight to get into them. Why is this?
- People fight to get into democracies like America, Australia and Western Europe. Cubans die trying to get into America. East Germans died trying to get into West Germany. Why not the other way?
- North Korea is also building a fence to keep its people in.
- As an atheist, I am completely on the side of the religious in their war on communism. Communism is an ultra-violent, irrational, barbarous state religion. No evidence supports its major claims. Indeed, they have all been proved wrong by history. Because no evidence supports their faith, the communist state attacks freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Apart from their brutality, torture and murder, it is the cowardice that is so striking. The communists know that their own stupid, ignorant ideas could not survive if people were free to discuss them.
- The Soviets destroyed forever most of Russia's ancient religious heritage. Clergy and laity butchered for their beliefs. Icons and churches all destroyed by the violent irrational religion of Marxism.
- The Bible was banned by the communist bullies and cowards, but it can now be freely read here.
- The destruction of Albania's religious heritage by the disgusting murderer Hoxha.
- The ignorant Maoists burnt and destroyed forever much of the ancient cultural and religious heritage of China and Tibet.
- Freedom of religion is still denied by the bullies and cowards who run China, North Korea, Vietnam and Cuba.
Soviet Union (separate page)
Communism in Asia (separate page)
China (separate page)
North Korea (separate page)
Communism in the Americas (separate page)
Cuba (separate page)
Everywhere it went around the world, communism brought tyranny, death, war, poverty and starvation.
- Article on Hoxha by Cali Ruchala - "Somewhere on the outskirts, between Stalinville and Mao Valley, there is a special place in hell reserved for Enver Hoxha."
- Hoxha died in 1985 and was buried in a spectacular tomb. In early summer, 1992, it was destroyed.
"I think our enemies are committing a monumental strategic error. In fact the present moment favors us far more than it does them. We are almost 99 percent sure that we can strike a mortal blow against them and consolidate the central position that we are going to need to occupy for several decades to come. With the help of all those starving people who are starting to eat each other, who are dying by the millions, and whose bodies litter the roadside all over the country, it is now and only now that we can - and therefore must - confiscate all church property with all the ruthless energy we can still muster. This is precisely the moment the masses will support us most fervently, and rise up against the reactionary machinations of the petit-bourgeois and Black Hundred religious conspirators. ... All evidence suggests that we could not do this at any other moment, because our only hope is the despair engendered in the masses by the famine"
- Lenin knows about the famine of 1921-2, and laughs about it. He himself is not starving by the side of the road, so he doesn't give a shit. Lenin sums up the world of communism. He is utterly indifferent to the millions dying in agony because of his own government. He has no interest whatsoever in helping them. All he sees is an opportunity to attack enemies (in this case the church).
See other similar quotes from the communist butchers, including Lenin, Trotsky and Mao.
"Among religions, Bolshevism is to be reckoned with Muhammadanism rather than with Christianity and Buddhism. Christianity and Buddhism are primarily personal religions, with mystical doctrines and a love of contemplation. Muhammadanism and Bolshevism are practical, social, unspiritual, concerned to win the empire of this world."
"There has been a rumour in recent years to the effect that I have become less opposed to religious orthodoxy than I formerly was. This rumour is totally without foundation. I think all the great religions of the world - Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, and Communism - both untrue and harmful."
- Bertrand Russell on communism as religion.
"Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at."
- The leftist terrorist Bill Ayers sums up in 1969 (also here and here) what communist revolution is: The mindless destruction - often by the children of wealth and privilege - of everything that generations of tolerant and hard-working people have painstakingly built up.
Return to Politics page.